How To Activate UAN | Benefits Of UAN | Withdraw PF With UAN
Full Pictorial guide on HOW TO ACTIVATE UAN ? and also get to know about HOW TO WITHDRAW PF ONLINE WITH UAN? How to Activated UAN With Your Fingertips Online.
How To Activate UAN?
Get your UAN activated with your fingertips online and along with knowledge about the online PF withdrawal process. There various benefits and needs for the same.
What is UAN (Universal Account Number)?
It is introduced by the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) for members. EPFO allows 12 Digit UAN numbers for every individual member. The UAN numbers remain the same for a lifetime through his member ID/EPF. It will be changed whenever they change their job.
The main objective of UPFO in introducing UAN is to get KYC details in order to eliminate the dependency on the other employer.
This number allows:
- Portability of PF account from one employee to another.
- A member to view all their EPF accounts with current and former employers.
- Auto-transfer facility of previous EPF account to new EPF account.
Visit: UAN – Service
Steps On How To Activate UAN?
There are 5 steps to activate UAN Number:
- Get UAN from an employer the current employer has to get UAN and member ID, provide by a former employer.
- Visit the website the members need to visit the EPFO website. Press “Activate your UAN based registration” tab. Then clock on “I have read and understood the instructions”.
- Information Members asked to enter his UAN and mobile number. Then select the state and PF office option from the dropdown option. Enter your member ID in the form. After entering details, the member can clock on “get pin”.
- Verification A pin is sent to your registered number. That number needs to be entered and a clock on the “submit” button, to complete the activation process.
- ID & Password After submitting the form, create a login user ID and password for accessing the UAN services offered by the portal.
NOTE – The member can access the EPF passbook and download the UAN card after completing registration by using the login credentials, (XYZ) One can access the User Manual on the activation page of the website and further use of the portal. So that was all about How To Activate UAN?
Benefits of (UAN) Universal Account Number
Here are some benefits of UAN for both Employees and Employers.
- UAN helps the EPFO in tracking the change in the job of the employee.
- UAN ensures that all PF accounts of the employee are legit and real.
- One can access UAN facilities online making withdrawals and transfers easy when one changes the job.
- One can link the new PF account to the UAN when the employee changes his job.
- UAN allows employees to withdraw PF online.
- Employees can able to check EPF balance using UAN on the online portal and also by sending an SMS.
- UAN should be an Aadhar and KYC verified.
- An employee can keep a check on deposits made each month of PF deductions.
- One can change or manage their PF account online & there is no role of an employee holding it back.
- There is no need to transfer money while changing your job.
- Benefits the employee in regards to taxes and future savings.
- SMS alerts make it easy to manage the PF account/funds account.
How To Withdraw PF Online With UAN?
Employee Provident Fund, a scheme directed by the government, as per the Employee Provident Fund Act of 1952 in which you and your employee contribute a specific amount each month. You can start working in a new organization, while your PF account will change, identified by your Universal Account Number (UAN) will not change. The 12 digits UAN is needed to check your PF details. So if you doubt how to know your PF details or how to check whether your employer has contributed towards it or not? You can easily do so through online EPFO. e-SEWA portal, mobile app, and SMA by logging in with your UAN and Password. Sometimes you need funds urgently, at that time instead of taking a loan, you can withdraw funds from your PF account in full or in parts. Just you required is your Universal Account Number (UAN).
5 Steps To Withdraw PF Amount
Here are Steps on How To Withdraw PF Oline With UAN:
- You can withdraw your PF Amount online using EPFO portal online, you require:
First, visit the EPFO e-SEWA portal and log in using your UAN and Password. If you have forgotten your password, then reset it via OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
2. Update your Aadhar (KYC)
Then you have to update your Aadhar, check whether you have updated your Aadhar number to your UAN or not. If you haven’t, do it first from the ‘Manage’ tab.
3. Claim Now
Now click on the ‘Online Services’ tab on the UAN dashboard page and then click on ‘claim’.
4. Select Withdrawal Type
Now from the ‘I want to apply for’ menu, choose from options (full withdraw, partially withdraw or pension withdraw).
After then your claim is then forwarded to your employer for approval. As your claim gets approved, the PF amount will be credited into your savings account linked to your EPF account. It takes up to 10 days for the claim amount will get transferred.
Now you know how to withdraw money from your PF account online by yourself as per your needs, without any problem. Also choosing the online methods instead of paperwork eliminates the need to contact your employer or fill in paperwork manually.
This was a detailed picture guide on How to activate UAN? and how to withdraw PF online with UAN?